Sunday, October 08, 2006

I'll stick my face in to see

Who's to say what is real and what isn't? Me. Because you're on my terrain right now, and so here we are. Follow the Leader.

See that bush over there? The one with tiny pink blossoms? Upon closer inspection we see decay, slight wilting, frosty dew. We further inspect the specimen, licking the rough dew drops....sweet....a tad tangy....odd.

Let's insert our hand into the bush. You go first. Deeper in, please. Push through the bramble. Anything odd? Hmm....yes...that does sound odd. Perhaps that's a squirrel licking your fingertips. I'll stick my face in to see.

(pushing my face past the exterior leaf fortification, dodging tiny trunks and sticks and bramble, bobbing and weaving as I move to the center of the bush. I see your hand to the right of me. No squirrels here. The liquid you feel comes from a single leaf. The warmth from the center of the bush has completely melted any dew, which drips down and pools upon this leaf. I think it likes you. It has the appearance of the Queen Leaf and her highness is fawning over your pointer finger*. I take my head back out of the bush).

So that's that. You can take your arm out now. Let's go play. I have a rehearsal at 1pm, so there is time still for a quick bike ride. What says you, knave?

Yes, in reference to yesterday's blog, I'll be skipping the Renn Fair today. Eh.

*if anything, it's like the cartoon squirrel in the Disney King Arthur, "Sword in the Stone." Remember when Merlin turns little Arthur into different animals to teach him lessons? And a squirrel? He runs around the tree and this female squirrel sees him and has a crush on him. But little Squirrel Arthur doesn't like her and he tries to shake her off and ends of breaking her little Squirrel heart. That made me sad as a child. It still does. That queen leaf is like the Squirrel is what I'm getting at. Or maybe you were, last night?

** squirrel is one of those funny words if you look at it too long….

No comments: