Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm an unrequited revolutionary.

Donde esta Gabriel? I know, I ask the same question in English.

I've been around. Around town. I've been lurking, hiding in shadows, under willow trees, appealing to squirrels to return the grape sherbet I spilled on their acorns.

Fall is a brewing, my friends. Collect your nuts.

I ask you this: is a man any less of a man if he is empowered by his weakness? I was walking around 5th ave in Brooklyn, as I do. I was looking into some wine shops, thinking about getting part time work AND learning viticulture (and hauling boxes). You know, these freelance checks take a long time to come through....so some part time work would be nice*.

So there I am, outside one wine shop, actually on 7th ave. I look in. I see my partial reflection. I run. I think to myself, "reality and life experience can only be stretched as far as you stretch it. You are relegated to monotony and failure through your fear to try something new." I punched myself in the head and yelled out, "how's that for something new."

I scared a few mothers and their babies cried. I was a sight, all right. That is why I have gone back into the shadows, back into lurking.

I love Apple, but those fuckers are taking WAY to long to get my computer fixed. It's supposed to take 10 business days. I finally called them up and I'm told I'll get it on Monday. Hey, that's 15 business days. No fair. I'm a fucking freelancer. This is my life, here!!!!!!

I'm an unrequited revolutionary. Why won't the world revolve me back? I give people great advice about how to approach responsibility, love and truth in their lives. And here I am, short of rent and still in my underwear, with a bathing suit on my head, ready for anyone to call me and tell me to high-tail it to Coney Island.

(how do you spell "woah", like "woah is me" because, that is what I want to write, but thought I should check first).

HEY ITAR, you out there reading this? Arf. That is all I have to say about that, Itar. You know who you are.

More to write, but I'll save it for another blog. I've been told nobody reads these things if they see they're too long.

Best,

Gabriel

*send help.

No comments: