Monday, September 10, 2012

but I've already fabricated so much.

I am the rainbow. I am the bands of color united. I am the specific bands of color, the vibratatory display of light made visual at specific frequencies that is phenom known as color. I'm less a free-for-all drum circle at your college dorm room. I'm more the organized sound of ritual drumming found in communities all over, and to me, particularly wonderfully done in areas as the Ewe of Ghana.

Yes, Ghana. Where I met Rhea. She was working there through Blue Cross, Blue Shield. There was no organizational jurisdiction in that area–the coverage couldn't cover that far from HQ back in Jersey. But still, she was there canvasing, putting up flyers, instilling the power symbols of big, bold blue crosses and shields for future generations raised in the shadow of their bold fonts, and when, G-d willing, the "Double Blue" (as it would, G-d willing, one day be called) would come to dominate the planet.

Yes, Rhea. I called her Ghana Rhea, of course. Actually, her real name was Betty, and this story really took place in Denmark. But the truth is, I got gonorrhea from a girl working for an insurance company while overseas in Copenhagen that I met listening to Ewe ritual music from Ghana at the Womex music conference, and that she later took me to her dorm room where I joined in their drum ungoing Copenhangen drum cirlce, and would later contract gonorrhea, presumably from Betty (who I know refer to as "Ghana Rhea") but I've already fabricated so much.

1 comment:

mr.e said...

This pithy wordplay is bringing me out of a dark day to smirk at your work I say well done good fellow