Monday, July 30, 2012

No, it is the end rhyme.

We lost everything in order to save time. But now where are we? Back to our ancient civilization starting again.

The grain needs harvesting, I don't know what to do?

The clean water is in retreat, where to begin collecting, purifying, storing?

The neighbors are eyeing my wares and its their advantage to just take. They have more children on the way. Its not about needs, its about one growing tribe, and with whom shall I invest my early loyalties and strength in numbers? If proven honest and true to them now, maybe in my wizened years, their grown boys will at least deputize me, give me some clout over the others fallen, as the community attempts to rebuild. For every collective effort, there are those who fall out of line, those who's behaviors don't jibe, those who ask for too much. We're expected to survive, make it through another day, another prodigy on the way. At least in various circles within circles. This tribe I'm interested in. They are loyal to themselves and have a moral imperative to grow strong throughout what is not of the tribe. They are a collective Self. And Other will be harnessed to engrossify their kind.

The broader overlapping circle includes all those living in the 4th Ward, post-flood, post-starvation years, post rise and fall of the last with ammunition, and in the here and now. We have a moral imperative based on a loose connection, an idea of humanity, to move forward. To beget. To forget and beget and forget and beget. And to rebuild. As the circle grows larger, the connectivity looses its hold, and inner turmoil brews. The strength is in numbers, but how the numbers hold. Within the folds, there is more strength (or will) within a smaller number that can move through the larger, less committed.

Anyway, I'm teasing something out I can't get to. But I'm throwing in my lot here.

Read aloud, "I'm smoking like a joker. Something like a small girl."

They don't rhyme, do they? But they do. Maybe just the way I pronounce things. Its not the end rhyme, but the run-up to the end that does something.

No, it is the end rhyme.

No comments: